Please help explain to me how to do my papers - Residency in Corralejo: padron, residencia and passport advice - Corralejo forum - Fuerteventura forum in the Canary Islands province of Spain

Join the Corralejo forum

Join the Corralejo forumMy name's Alex and this is my website all about Corralejo in Spain. Register now for free to talk about Residency in Corralejo: padron, residencia and passport advice and much more!

Please help explain to me how to do my papers

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:55pm
1 reply75 views2 members subscribed

Posts: 5

Location: Corralejo

Joined: 21 Dec 2021

Can anybody help me to get my papers to stay in fuerteventura please i am finding the process very confusing , and stressful I need help ASAP so my child can join school and I can work  , where should I start?? please  help , I will be a Welsh refugee very soon really  🤧 I am technologically backward and my Spanish is not fluent enough to know what Rosario police are telling me to do 🤦🏻‍♀️ Please help


Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:39am

Posts: 66

27 helpful points

Location: Antigua

Joined: 19 Aug 2021

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:39am

It depends what nationality you are.  If you are British and only have a British passport then it is bad news.  First off you must start the process in the UK and obtain a visa.  Unfortunately, if you intend to work a visa that allows you to do so is VERY difficult to get. 

If you are going to be employed you need a job offer and a contract in order to apply for a work visa. However, by law employers must offer any vacancy to a current resident or EU national, and can only offer to a non-eu (ie British National) if they can prove the job cannot be fulfilled locally.  This basically means that the job would have to be highly specialised not to be fulfilled legally.

If you are intending to start your own company then you must produce a detailed business plan to go with your visa application that will satisfy the Spanish authorities that your business is viable and will be good for Spain, very difficult to do.

The 'easiest' visa to obtain is the non-lucrative visa, but you will not be allowed to work.  Also this requires 30,000€ +8,000€ per independent as proof of financial support, and health insurance with no exemptions and no excess, plus other things.

If you are a British National you are only allowed to remain in Spain (and the whole area of Schengen) for a period of up to 90 days in any 180 day period.

However, if you are a National of an EU country and have an EU passport it is very different, and can apply for residency at the police station in Puerto del Rosario.  If that is the case I strongly suggest that you find a gestoria to help you do this.   You will still require to show financial (I believe about 7,000€ + independents) and health support

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Find more Padron, residencia and passport advice topics from a particular area:

Register for free!

Login to your account

Advertise your business here
Advertise your property
Help with my computer