Retiring to Fuerteventura - Brexit and the EU: living, holidaying and moving to Corralejo - Corralejo forum - Fuerteventura forum in the Canary Islands province of Spain

Join the Corralejo forum

Join the Corralejo forumMy name's Jan and this is my website all about Corralejo in Spain. Register now for free to talk about Brexit and the EU: living, holidaying and moving to Corralejo and much more!

Retiring to Fuerteventura

Posted: Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:15pm
2 replies98 views3 members subscribed

Posts: 1

Location: Corralejo

We are looking to retire to Fuerteventura in approx 3 years time,  my partner is Irish so not affected by the Brexit debacle but I am a kiwi with dual nationality (British) and I am very confused as to what the requirements would be for us to be able to live there permanently. He will probably be working (barwork, gardener etc) but I will be retired with an annual income of approx £12,000 with about £100,000 in savings. We would be purchasing a property, probably in Corralejo. Am I correct in thinking that this is enough for me to be able to apply for  permanent residency?


Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:32am

Posts: 12

Location: La Oliva

2 helpful posts

Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:32am

As you rightly say, your partner will not have a problem due to his nationality. Given you will have a steady income and will not be reliant on the state, you should not have a problem either (apart from the usual VISA requirements as you would in Ireland). If you ever purchase property in your name or joint names, that makes a difference as you then also have assets on the Island.

I would say, with my limited experience that given your situation you should not have a problem. Then again with your Dual Nationality, after BREXIT you may be able to use you British Nationality element to overcome some things depending on the outcome. Who knows.


Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:57pm

Posts: 30

Location: Caleta de Fuste

3 helpful posts

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:57pm

Marry your partner problem solved. don’t think your have have any problems your have a income money in your account and own a property and your going to work so your be paying tax 

Sign up for free or login to reply to this topic

Want to reply to this topic? Login or register for free to post your message:

Related topics

Find more Brexit and the EU topics from a particular area:

Register for free!

Login to your account

Advertise your business here